Date(s) - 14/03/2019
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Kiss the Blarney Stone and pick a four leaf clover! It’s that time of year for Shamrocks and Guiness.
Join us in the Pier Room as Chef Carrie takes us to the magic of Ireland with three traditional Irish Dishes. She will start with the famous Irish Potato Boxty. This is the Irish twist to a potato pancake. You will be able to top it with homemade saurkraut made right here in the Pier Room during the Cleveland Kraut Workshop in January.
Next you will be guided though the ins and outs of Guiness Irish Mac n’ Cheese. A truly gourmet twist to the old favorite. Cheesy, creamy and yummy!
Finally she will help you create your own Chocolate Irish Cream Truffles. Delicious!
So sign up quick, this is sure to be a favorite.
Meet Chef Carrie
About Chef Carrie:
My goal is to make life easier for anyone who wants to learn more about food. I want to help families bring dinner to the table, teach the skills needed to cook more on your own and do it in a fun and relaxed way. I have worked under chefs at Thyme Cafe and Catering in Santa Monica and was the Head Chef at the Century Club in Manhattan Beach for the last 3 years.
I am a former Professional Beach Volleyball Player residing in the South Bay. I worked in kitchens and catering during my off season for 12 years, until I retired from beach volleyball and decided to go into the food business full time.
Although I love cooking for my classes, family and friends, along the way meeting new people and making new friends has made this job the best ever!
Culinary Artist Adult Classes:
**This class is designed for adults ages 18 and over.**
Scroll down for more FAQ’s
Is there an age requirement for this class?
- We ask that participants are 18+ years, or that they have completed a Chef’s Intermediate Class and be over the age of 12.
- For the classes with a Beer and/or Wine vendor all class attendees must be 21 years of age or older.
What does “Hands On” mean?
- Hands-on changes from class to class, but it generally means getting your hands dirty. From rolling sushi to slicing and dicing, the classes are designed around the theme and age group in attendance. We will provide the tools, so don’t fret! Most of the tools are what you have at home, as we try to encourage taking the lessons learned in the class and applying them at home.
Is there a Dress Code?
- We strongly recommend wearing clothes appropriate for the kitchen. Closed-toed shoes, sleeves above your elbows, and longer hair tied up. These suggestions are all strongly recommended. We do reserve the right to stop a chef from participating in any given task if we deem their attire to be dangerous to themselves or others. (ie: long flowing sleeves that could easily catch fire)
What to do if you have a food sensitivity or restriction?
- We’ve got substitutes prepared! Each time you purchase a ticket it will ask you to list your dietary restrictions. Please be as explicit as possible. If there is a class with a major component, ie. flour in pasta making, that might conflict with your sensitivity, we ask that you please consider another class that removes possible cross-contamination. Although we can usually accommodate most allergy/diet restrictions, there may be a chance we will not be able to for a particular class. If there is a concern, we will be sure to reach out to you and refund the ticket before the day of the class.
Do I need to bring my ticket to class?
- Nope! We do check-ins by name so all you need to bring is your lovely self.
Is there a waiting list?
- Unfortunately not, our classes are on a first-come, first serve basis. If you’re interested in joining our classes, we encourage you to sign up early!
Do you do private events?
- We do! Please email Amanda Yurcich our Marketing Manager at [email protected] and she will get back to you within 48 hours with more information.
What’s your refund policy?
- We’re happy to refund your ticket up to 24 hours before the event. This allows our chefs adequate time to shop for the proper amount of ingredients needed for the class.
What if I have more questions?
- Please reach out to us at the following email: [email protected]
- The adult class does not include seating. Just like your kitchen at home. It is easier to prep, chop, and slice while standing! Please wear comfortable shoes.
- For the Date Night Classes you will be given seating after the food is prepared to enjoy the fabulous meal you have created together.
- For classes paired with an alcohol vendor there will be a limit to the amount of alcohol being served.
- Our kitchen tends to fluctuate occasionally in temperature. Please bring a jacket in the event the room gets a bit chilly.
- All classes are subject to cancellation. Please note any class may be cancelled up to 24 hours prior. In the event of a cancellation, a full refund will be offered.