Date(s) - 11/04/2020
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Disney California Adventure Park
About the Disney YES Class “Disney Culinary Arts”:
Students in grades seven through college discover how savory storytelling and top-notch ingredients can come together to fulfill their own culinary career aspirations. On this journey backstage through the kitchens of Disney California Adventure Park, students will learn everything from the basics of the kitchen to exploratory careers.
During Disney Culinary Arts, students will:
- Define key terms used by culinary professionals
- Engage with professional chefs to discuss their culinary journey
- Identify and understand various roles in the food service industry
- Learn safe practices for receiving, storing, preparing and serving food
- Discuss techniques for managing dietary restrictions and food allergies
- Explore educational and professional opportunities in the culinary arts
- Discover Disney’s culinary heritage and use of theming and storytelling through food
- Examine the importance of teamwork and leadership in the kitchen setting
- Understand the demands of different types of food service locations in an operating theme park
- Trace the journey of a plate through a food service location
THIS DISNEY YES CLASS WILL START AT 8:00 AM – PLEASE SIGN-UP ONLY IF YOU ARE SURE YOUR SCOUT CAN CHECK-IN AT 7:30 AM ON SATURDAY APRIL 11.
Open to ALL SCOUTS BSA at least 12-years old by March 1, 2020, AND/OR in Grades 7-12 for the 2019-2020 school year, regardless of gender or rank.
BSA Scout (12-17 years old), please wear Class A Field uniform and bring (a) water bottle, (b) snack, (c) pen, (d) one signed blue card for Cooking, (e) worksheet for Cooking, and (f) proofs for Cooking Req #4 Cooking at Home, #5 Camp Cooking, + #6 Trail and Backpacking Meals.